We strongly believe in your right to privacy. We don’t use Google Analytics, Facebook Like buttons, or run ads on our sites. We don’t collect and retain any sensitive personal data. We ask for the bare minimum of information. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in connection with the services or subscriptions we make available on our Site. Users may visit our Site anonymously.
Non-personal identification information
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may usage information, such as your referring URLs, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics, and reporting purposes.
Our Agents and Plugins
Web browser cookies
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
How we use collected information
The Services may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
* To send periodic emails
* We may use your email address to respond to your enquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
* To facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract.
* To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you service, and new feature information, and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
* Fulfil and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfil and manage your orders and payments made through the Services.
* Deliver our newsletters to you. We may use your information to send you our newsletters.
* Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
* To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
* To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and Contractual.
* To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
* To manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing our account and keeping it in working order.
* To deliver services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
* To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
* For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve our Services and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymised form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our agents for the purposes outlined above.
We use third party service providers like WordPress and WPMU DEV to host our site on their platform. These third parties and their services help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
* Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
* Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
* Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfil the terms of our contract.
* Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
* Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
* Our agents: We may share your data with agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing by PayPal.
* Business Transfers: In the unlikely event that OCTUC PRO goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of OCTUC PRO may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
How long do we keep your information?
We will only keep your personal information as long as you have an account with us, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
For users that register on our website(s), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
How we protect your information
We implement appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. But please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security
Third party websites
Users may find links on our Site that link to third party sites. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
We do not knowingly solicit data from children under 18 years of age. By using the Services or Apps, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services or Apps. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you reside in a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), then under the GDPR and applicable data protection laws you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can login to your account settings and update your user account.
Opting out of Post Notifications: You can unsubscribe from our Post Notifications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us. However, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account.
Manage your data
Based on the laws of some countries, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please submit a request by contacting us. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
OCTUC PRO, Suite 30168, PO Box 6945, London, W1A 6US United Kingdom.
This document was last updated on 6 March, 2020